Deuce Dirtsaw #2 Ultralight Towel
Every hiker must take appropriate care of disposing their waste. There are no privies available in the backcountry except for specific wilderness huts so a proper cathole is needed. The Deuce Dirtsaw Ultralight Trowel by The Tent Lab provides a lightweight solution for digging a cathole that is actually deep enough to properly bury your secrets. Digging a hole by hand or with a stick, rock or trekking poles is just not going to happen unless the soil is exceptionally soft.
How to use The Deuce Dirtsaw UL Trowel and some additional tips:
- A cathole should be at least 15 cm deep, preferably closer to 20 cm and it should adequately far from any water sources
- If your metabolism kicks in in the morning it’s a good routine to dig the hole the evening before as a part of your camp chores
- Use The Deuce Dirtsaw upside down first to probe for rocks and roots and to outline the cathole
- With the scoop end pry up the outlined center of the cathole
- Always lever and scoop against the bottom U shaped spine (the side with the logo) otherwise you may damage the trowel
- You can use The Deuce Dirtsaw as a makeshift faucet by sticking it into a shallow stream and easily fill your bottle along the resulting pipe
- The trowel doesn’t get into contact with your poop so there is no risk of contamination
After you’ve taken care of business it’s a good idea to wash your hands with a bio-degradable soap like Sea to Summit Sea to Summit Wilderness Wash.
- Weight: 17 grams
- Length: 17,3 cm
- Material: 7075-T6 aluminum