Bonfus Framus 58L
New for September 2023: The latest batch of Framus includes the newest update of the Ultra fabric, called Ultra X. The manufacturer added a X grid to the waterproofing film, which adds bias stability and strength. Also the waterproofing film got a little thicker, from .5mil to .75mil. The aim of this update is to increase the durability of the waterproofing film. Bonfus also started transitioning to UltraGrid, which replaces Robic HDPE for side pockets, shoulder straps and hipbelt. These two fabrics are basically the same performance wise. The Ultra Grid is made of recycled nylon and has a double ripstop, as opposed to the Robic HDPE that has one ripstop thread only. The color is full black for the new side pocket material, as the ripstop grid is also black. We will update the photos once available!
• Functional load lifters
• Two contoured aluminium stays. Designed with a special curvature to form a 2-3 cm (about 1″) gap with your back for improved ventilation. Can be adapted to the form of your back and shoulders.
• Optional (included) removable 5mm EVA-foam padding can be added to the internal back panel sleeve for comfort. If the pack is stuffed properly, the foam pad is not necessarily needed, to keep the weight down.
• Both the aluminium stays and foam padding are placed in an internal openable sleeve on the back panel, and can be removed to transform the Framus into a frameless pack and shed even more weight.
• Additional 5mm lumbar padding for extra comfort.
• Comfortable 11mm (7/16”) thick shoulder straps, padded with EVA-foam and 3D spacer mesh. Selected use of 3D mesh around neck area for added comfort.
• Side pockets, shoulders straps and hipbelt in 210D UltraGrid fabric, for durability and flexibility.
• Reinforced bottom section with Ultra400 fabric.
• Durable side pockets with double-layer elastic at the hem to firmly hold your gear in place.
• Comfortable 38mm (1.5″) wide webbing at the hipbelt.
• V-style webbing straps for carrying extra gear over the roll top closure
• Roll top closure with lateral attachment.
• Ice axe attachment point at the base of the front mesh pocket, plus elastic clip for extra securing.
• Functional 4-point compression cords that fully cover the pack sides from top to bottom, allowing to significantly reduce pack volume when needed and stabilize the load.
• Big stretchy spandex/nylon front mesh stores a lot of gear.
• Daisy chain on shoulder straps for adding extra shoulder pouches or other gear.
• Chest straps with loops for lightweight hardware-free connection to the daisy chain.
• Drainage hole at each side pocket
• Taped seams. A pack liner is suggested in rainy conditions.
• Optional shoulder pouches and hip belt pockets (not included) can be mounted to the webbing loops of the shoulder straps or hipbelt.
Volume: 58 liters (50L internal volume, 8L external pockets)
Unrolled height: 90cm
Average circumference: 95cm
Short size: up to 45cm (18″)
Medium size: up to 50cm (19.5″)
Large size: up to 55cm (21.5″)
User hip girth:
Short size: 75cm (29.5”) to 100cm (39”)
Medium and Large size: 84cm (33”) to 110cm (43”)
See video on torso measurement below! If you are between sizes, choose larger size.
Material: Ultra 200 X (119gsm | 3.5oz/sqy) – Probably the most advanced pack fabric on the market. It features woven 200D UHMWPE fibers. Compared to e.g. DCF2.92, the Ultra 200 fabric has 3x higher tear strength, 3x higher UHMWPE fibers content, 7x the abrasion resistance. The backing of the fabric is a .75mil recycled polyester film, that makes the fabric extremely waterproof. The fabric also has an X-grid for bias strength. Side pockets, shoulders straps and hipbelt are in 210D UltraGrid fabric. Bottom in Ultra 400 Black for added durability.
Pack Weight: 760g | 25.4oz
Large size: +10g
Optional removable foam (included) adds* (Medium / Large): +50/55g | 1.75oz/1.95oz
Removing the aluminium stays saves (Medium/Large) -110/120g | 3.9oz.
The optional foam padding on the back panel is not necessarily needed if the pack is properly stuffed, depending on personal preferences. For reference, most people use the Framus without foam padding. The given pack weights include the stays and exclude the back panel foam padding.
Suggested carry load:
• up to 18kg | 40lb