MSR Front Range 4 Person
So compact and light, it’s hardly noticeable in your pack, the Front Range tarp shelter lets parties of four move faster on your missions, with all-season protection from the elements. Supremely versatile, this ultra-simple shelter is boosted with MSR Xtreme Shield™ coating for long-term durability.
- Featherweight: Hyper-efficient tarp shelter sleeps four but is ultralight even for two, with a 162 cm peak height for gearing up easily.
- Quick Setup: Frameless, floorless design pitches with ski/trekking poles
- Easy Access: Zippered door rolls back completely on both sides for sweeping views and easy entry.
- Versatile: Light enough to carry as a solo shelter, dining hall, or emergency shelter.
- Durable: Steep canopy sheds snow and water and features Xtreme Shield waterproof coating for long-lasting durability.
Minimum weight: 0.74 kg (without stakes, stuff sack or extras)
Packed weight: 0.91 kg
Floor dimensions: 274 x 274 cm
Peak height: 162 cm
Packed size: 30 x 13 cm
Material: 20D ripstop nylon 1200mm Xtreme Shield™ polyurethane & silicone
The tarp is pitched with two trekking poles lashed together with a strap. You can also use a ski or a paddle.
A special mention goes to the orange color. This in our experience pops really nicely in camp photos, and the tent looks really nice in pictures with the strong contrast to both green forest and white snow. You will find it difficult to take a bad photo of this tarp!