Montane Protium Lite Hoodie M’s
Montane Protium Lite Hoodie is an ultralight grid fleece that is very suitable for the typical temperatures of Nordic three-season hiking. Many hikers use the shirt with a wind jacket, as this combination works for most of the weather conditions encountered. Due to its breathable structure, temperature regulation is easily done by adjusting the wind shirt on top of Protium Lite. Use it like this:
- Warm weather: Wear only the shirt
- Cold weather: Top the shirt with a wind jacket with zipper open
- Cold weather, wind: Top the shirt with a wind jacket, close the zippers and wear the hoods
- Chilly weather: As above, but add a light baselayer (an excellent option is also to double up Protium Lite, as it works well both as a baselayer and as a mid-layer)
The fabric of Protium lite transfers moisture from skin to the outer surface of the shirt, which allows it to dry rapidly. Only the grid pattern touches skin, so the shirt has a good next-to-skin feel even when moist. Due to the grid construction it breathes really well.
Polygiene treatment ensures that Protium Lite stays fresh for long. We have a long experience with Polygiene treated shirts, and we can vouch for the technology working really well.
If you choose to pack Protium Lite in your backpack, it weighs very little and packs surprisingly small.
- Thermo Grid Lite brushed back fleece with stretch
- POLYGIENE® permanent odour control
- Snug fit under helmet hood
- 1/3 length YKK front zip
- Low profile flatlocked seams
- Low profile hem and cuffs
- Trim Fit
Protium Lite works well also in other outdoor pursuits, such as climbing, skiing, paddling, cold weather trail running and other cool weather activities requiring an advanced technical shirt.
The sizing is slim: if considering between two sizes, pick the larger one.
Material: 92% Polyester, 8% Elastane